Guidance on best practice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Newbie here!

I'm creating a website where a lot of the items displayed are dynamic.  The way I go about this is to call a method within the individual control.

For instance;

I may have a repeater which contains several controls.  In the instance that I am manipluating, say a a piece of text,  I use a Literal control and to populate it dynamically I call a method, Lit_My_Text.Text = "<%# my method here %>.

The question I have is is this method as efficient  and as maintainable as doing the same through OnItemDataBound.

I have a lot of this type of code on each page so the right design is crucial.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Moved by SamAgain Monday, February 15, 2010 3:31 AM better fit (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    • Moved by Aland Li Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:24 AM Incorrect forum (From:Windows Forms Data Controls and Databinding)
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:31 PM

Answers

• For question related to ASP.NET, it better to ask on ASP.NET Forum where ASP.NET experts can help you better.

Gaurav Khanna Visual Basic MVP
    • Marked as answer by gobuyit Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:38 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:13 AM

All replies

• For question related to ASP.NET, it better to ask on ASP.NET Forum where ASP.NET experts can help you better.

Gaurav Khanna Visual Basic MVP
    • Marked as answer by gobuyit Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:38 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

I am moving the thread to the 'Off-Topic' forum since the issue is not related to Windows Forms.

Regards,
    Aland Li
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:23 AM