Why should I turn on Enable Anonymous Access on my web server running IFD? RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that this will make the message box for credentials go away but is that a good reason why to enable it? What do I gain by keeping it Unchecked?
    • Moved by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, June 3, 2009 1:34 PM Doesn't appear to be Online question (From:CRM Online)
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you don't have to allow anonymous access for IFD! YOu should't do that!!!

With IFD deployment, you change the access to crm from AD-authentication to form based authentication.

Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:15 PM
  • Yes,

the CRM need the user name for his internal right management, so when you put anonymus login = on, the user sign in to the crm with the username anonymous, and crm don't know this user.

Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you don't have to allow anonymous access for IFD! YOu should't do that!!!

With IFD deployment, you change the access to crm from AD-authentication to form based authentication.

Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:15 PM
  • But is there a really compelling reason to keep anonymous off?
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:34 PM
  • Yes,

the CRM need the user name for his internal right management, so when you put anonymus login = on, the user sign in to the crm with the username anonymous, and crm don't know this user.

Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:45 PM
  • The main reason we have found for enabling anonymous authentication is the cleanliness of the interface.  Most of our users are less technical and the information provided when the login fails is more helpful when anonymous authentication is enabled vice disabled.  Also, I have seen evidence the help files are not accessible unless anonymous authentication is enabled.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:24 PM