Rollup Update not recognize Client 4.0 install RRS feed

• Question

• We are installing the outlook client 4.0 using command line under admin credentials.

1.  Client installed using the command, SetupClient.exe /Q /L C:\InstallCRMOutlook.log /targetdir "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client"

2.  Update Rollup 7 installed using the command, CRMv4.0-KB971782-i386-Client-ENU.exe /q /norestart /log C:\InstallCRMClientRollup7.log  (This is invoked upon the main software installation completed.)

The main client software installed with no issues.  But the rollup update 7 failed with following error.  It is not recognizing the main client software install.

08:59:07|  Error| Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook is either not installed, is installed for a different user, or this patch is not compatible with the version that is installed.  Reasons for incompatibility include mismatched language or platform (32-bit versus 64-bit).
    08:59:08|  Error| Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook was not found on the system.
       at Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.QueryMsiProductInfo(IDictionary data, UpdateInstallInfo installInfo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.Run()
       at Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.InternalMain(String[] args), Error, OK, Option1
    08:59:08|   Info| InputResult: NoInput
    08:59:08|  Error| Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook was not found on the system.Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook was not found on the system.
       at Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.QueryMsiProductInfo(IDictionary data, UpdateInstallInfo installInfo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.Run()
       at Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.UpdateSetup.InternalMain(String[] args)

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:10 PM

Answers

• It needs to be run by a user with local admin to the machine i think, I wonder if the command prompt with UAC restricts this when automated this way.
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:25 AM

All replies

• Can you verify that you are using the appropriate rollup version for your operating system, 32bit or 64bit. Your rollup7 exe file shown in your post is the 32 bit version. The other item your error message mentions is regarding a mismatched language.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:28 PM
  • The rollup version is working when manually installing.  It is not working when invoked immediately after the client main software installed.

Thx.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:21 AM
  • It needs to be run by a user with local admin to the machine i think, I wonder if the command prompt with UAC restricts this when automated this way.
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:25 AM