How to fetch Contacts from Account Subgrid and set those accounts as a view in another Subgrid on the same form in CRM 2011 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to know that 

How to fetch Contacts from Account Subgrid and set those accounts as a view in another Subgrid on the same form.

Here is little more explanation , On some Custom Entity form there are two Subgrids (one is Account Subgrid and other is Contact subgrid). When i add Accounts in Account subgrid ,how can i fetch the related Contacts and load those contacts in Contacts Subgrid ?

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, August 2, 2013 6:20 AM

All replies

• Did you try this: http://mscrmblogger.com/2011/02/23/crm2011-parent-child-grids-jscript/

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Friday, August 2, 2013 7:22 AM
  • Best option would be to use a plugin on associate/disassociate of accounts to your custom entity, retrieve all contacts related to the account and associate/disassociate them from your custom entity.

You would need to use JavaScript to refresh the contacts subgrid after performing the association or disassociation.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Proposed as answer by SravaniRN459 Friday, August 2, 2013 12:50 PM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 7:27 AM
  • Hello Mahender,

I already tried that one.

Did not help.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 5, 2013 5:17 AM