Has anyone used Infer.Net for email spam filtering? (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com) RRS feed

• Question

• JonnyBoats posted on 02-27-2011 9:06 PM

I would like to know if anyone has used Infer.Net for classifying incomming email as spam vs not spam?

Friday, June 3, 2011 6:21 PM

Answers

• JonnyBoats replied on 02-28-2011 8:00 AM

John, Thank you for your prompt response.

My inquiry is solely in reference to work or papers that have been made public. I would not expect anyone (including Microsoft) to provide details on proprietary projects.

Perhaps someone else may comment?

Friday, June 3, 2011 6:22 PM

All replies

• John Guiver replied on 02-28-2011 5:26 AM

There may be researchers in the community who have built models with spam data and if so I will leave them to comment. It is certainly a promising application area for Infer.NET, and the best approach to take (for example collaborative filtering versus content-based filtering) will depend very much on the nature of the data and the context. Unfortunately the Infer.NET team cannot generally give application advice or comment on internal Microsoft projects.

John

Friday, June 3, 2011 6:21 PM
  • JonnyBoats replied on 02-28-2011 8:00 AM

John, Thank you for your prompt response.

My inquiry is solely in reference to work or papers that have been made public. I would not expect anyone (including Microsoft) to provide details on proprietary projects.

Perhaps someone else may comment?

Friday, June 3, 2011 6:22 PM