Error when trying to access the CRM 4.0!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     My CRM application was working finely. But Just before I've published one custom ASP.NET page in the ISV folder as I did usually. But now when I tried to access the CRM , an ERROR is coming...Here is the error...Help me plz...

Server Error in '/' Application.

The directory service is unavailable.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The directory service is unavailable.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007200f): The directory service is unavailable.
    ]
       System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() +346601
       System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) +49
       System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName) +150
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetDirectoryObjectPath(AdSearchType searchType) +411
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetDirectorySearcher(AdSearchType searchType) +73
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetGuidFromServerName(String serverName) +100
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetLocalSystemGuid() +49
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.OrganizationSettingsCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context) +559
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +114
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +84
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +135
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.IsOrganizationSpecialUser(Guid organizationId, Guid userId, ExecutionContext context) +138
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.UserDataCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context) +502
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +401
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +84
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +135
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetUserInfoInternal(WindowsIdentity identity, IOrganizationContext context, UserAuth& userInfo) +242
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId) +179
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId) +226
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowAuthenticationProviderBase.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +416
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +157
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +86
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e) +478
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Thanks N regards, Krishna Raj R MS CRM MCBMSS :: Microsoft CRM Consultant
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• See this if it helps u.

http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/sitefinity-3-x/set-up-installation/active-directory-directory-service-unavailable.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Santosh Kore Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:30 AM
    • Edited by Santosh Kore Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:47 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:30 AM
  • Dear Santosh,
     But I didnt do anything in that URL now....Its was like that only since last 2 days and was working till before!!!
     It seems to be strange, na?
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:33 AM
  • Dear Santosh,
      And also...If I cant access the CRM web interface, then how can i edit the ISV.COnfig file??!!!!!!
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:35 AM
  • As far as I know you need to have access to web interface to export and import ISV confog file.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:51 AM
  • Hi,
     Surely I'll check that link. But for now, i want some ultimate solution as I cannot do anything in CRM settings upon any guesses. Hope somebody who had come under such situation before can help me....plz...
     Because actually It was working till just before...I just added the <base target="_self"/> in my aspx page and published again in the server and when tried to access the CRM, I'm getting the above mentioned error...

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:02 AM
  • Hi,

have you tried to refresh your application pool in IIS ? just a thought !
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:28 AM
  • Hi,
     Yes, I've refreshed the application pool in IIS. Not the error changed to someother..!!! Strange!!!
    My current error is "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"...See below

Server Error in '/' Application.

The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007054b): The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
    ]
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) +377678
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() +36
       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() +31
       System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() +26
       System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName) +49
       System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName) +150
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetDirectoryObjectPath(AdSearchType searchType) +411
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetDirectorySearcher(AdSearchType searchType) +73
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetGuidFromServerName(String serverName) +100
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityUtils.GetLocalSystemGuid() +49
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.OrganizationSettingsCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context) +564
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +113
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.IsOrganizationSpecialUser(Guid organizationId, Guid userId, ExecutionContext context) +137
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.UserDataCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context) +497
       Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context) +400
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetUserInfoInternal(WindowsIdentity identity, IOrganizationContext context, UserAuth& userInfo) +241
       Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId) +180
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId) +227
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowAuthenticationProviderBase.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +416
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +157
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application) +86
       Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e) +478
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:26 AM
  • Try browsing that particular page from IIS and see if the Url is correct.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:03 PM