Why my new office pro 2007+ is not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• I bought on-line (Amazon) Office Professional+ 2007. Once installed in my computer it was asking for on-line validation and authentication but in Chinese. The on-line validation test was performed in a Microsoft web page in chinese and failed.

I received the product in an original Microsoft retail box totally sealed (made in USA printed in COA), the hard case is exactly the same that Microsoft and retail stores promote the product, the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) is affixed to the top of the retail packaging and contains a transparent Port-Hole™ with individual paper fibers visible around the inside edge. Interwoven vertically through this Port-Hole™ is a metallic thread with well defined letters that read "OUR PASSION" in red and "MICROSOFT".  The orange proof of license label is the orange label with the security thread in the center of the label is attached inside the box. The two discs included have the Inner Mirror Band Hologram on the center of the discs, the wavy edge perimeter hologram, the Dynamic Stereogram and the security patch where the word "Microsoft" changes to "GENUINE" (only One).

Is this a counterfeit copy? If so, how can we differentiate the original with the counterfeit? How can we be protected? What are my options?  

Friday, August 28, 2009 3:17 AM

Answers

• Hello Cesa,

Office 2007 Professional Plus is a volume licensing product only and is not properly sold to individual consumers.  Furthermore, the copy that you purchased came with an Invalid Volume Licensing Key (VLK).  This means that the product key was generated by a pirating program called a Key Generator and was never issued by Microsoft.

Please take all necessary steps to contact your Amazon seller to return the software for a full refund.

You wrote, "If so, how can we differentiate the original with the counterfeit?"  The answer is that the Office Genuine Advantage utility installed on your computer detected the nongenuine software and alerted you to the problem.  Now that you know you were sold counterfeit goods, you should follow the procedures established by your selling venue (Amazon) to get your money back.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:51 AM

All replies

• Microsoft diagnostic result is as follows:

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 108 Invalid VLK
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - 108 Invalid VLK
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_B4D0AA8B-920-80070057

Friday, August 28, 2009 3:31 AM
  • Hello Cesa,

Office 2007 Professional Plus is a volume licensing product only and is not properly sold to individual consumers.  Furthermore, the copy that you purchased came with an Invalid Volume Licensing Key (VLK).  This means that the product key was generated by a pirating program called a Key Generator and was never issued by Microsoft.

Please take all necessary steps to contact your Amazon seller to return the software for a full refund.

You wrote, "If so, how can we differentiate the original with the counterfeit?"  The answer is that the Office Genuine Advantage utility installed on your computer detected the nongenuine software and alerted you to the problem.  Now that you know you were sold counterfeit goods, you should follow the procedures established by your selling venue (Amazon) to get your money back.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:51 AM
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for your quick replay, I will try to contact the Amazon seller to see if I can get my money back however based on your professional response and the options recommended I'm thinking about to escalate this case and filling a claim in the BBB or other instances since I feel consumers are not properly protected when is buying this product because doesn't matter if all the security features are present in the product, the buyer is not able to recognize that the product is fake until this one is installed and tested in the computer which in most cases is too late. Let me know if I have any other option and thanks again

Cesar Leal
    Friday, August 28, 2009 8:27 PM