Partial Adress Book Synchro RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a wird problem,

There is no problem with address book synchronisation between client and server.

But on the communicator client when I try to look for an user, some users don't exist on the list.

Did somebody already have this problem ?

Thanks

Friday, July 20, 2007 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm facing the same problem: I checked the event viewer, and found this:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: OCS User Replicator
    Event Category: (1009)
    Event ID: 30028
    Date:  7/23/2007
    Time:  5:53:09 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: D....
    Description:

Address book (AB) entries are populated successfully during UR initial cycle for domain ...).

Number of objects examined :
    Number of objects included :
    Number of group objects excluded since they do not have a valid email attribute:
    Number of objects excluded since they have "hide from AB" attribute set to 'TRUE':
    Number of objects excluded since they have "exclude from AB" attribute:
    Number of objects excluded since they do not have any of the required attributes:
    Number of objects excluded since they do not have "include to AB" attribute:

I have a simple forest, with one root domain and one child domain, OCS (public beta) is installed in the child domain and all accounts are in the child domain too.

can someone tell me what are the "required attributes" ? I looked in the OCS doc, the only required attributes I saw were for a ressource forest, no my case.

And each time now I've got a OCS User Replicator in the event viewer, it's trying to replicate from the root domain, not from the child domain where accounts are. I can't find where to change this.

Thanks for your support.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:20 PM
  • Hi RB,

Can you update this thread? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Hi all !

Im having exactly the same problem with the trial RTM version of OCS 2007.

I have tried to change certain user fields in AD without any success.

Does anyone have a clue about why this happens ?

Regards,

Benjamin Mateos

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:59 PM
  • Hi

I implement the RTM and I don't reproduce this Bug for the moment.

To answer to Benjamin : Have you tried to do a ABSserver.exe -SyncNow and ABSserver.exe -RegenUr (see OCS_Admin.doc, Page 108) and see if it solve the problem ?

Thanks

Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:02 PM
  •  Hi Rol,

Thanks for your reply, and yes I have used both commands but still have the same problem.

I was thinking to remove all the generated files on the server side (ABS files) and run those commands again, but I am afraid to break it even more.

Any other suggestions ??

Friday, October 12, 2007 9:02 AM
  • Hi Benjamin,

You can try to suppress ABS files but save them in a separate folder. I already done that but sincerly I don't remember braking anithing more.

My second suggestion would be to check if those Users have not specific things.

Tipicaly I am asking my self if the phone normalisation problem could impact the copy of the contact in the ABS file.

Maybe the missing users have not a normilize phone number.

Didi you check that ?

Friday, October 19, 2007 1:57 PM
  • Hi again Rol !

Yep that was it... Once I fixed/normalized all users phone numbers properties, they appeared correctly in the ABS entries.

Regards,

Benjamin Mateos

Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:03 PM
  • Oki doki

I'm happy, I did'nt have the oportunity to test.

Thanks for your return.

regards,

Roland Bonnet

Monday, October 22, 2007 8:50 AM