Deactivating price list items RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to deactivate a selection of price list items in  a price list and hide them in the dropdowns in Opportunities (when it is no longer available - sold out or beyond a use by date and won't be used again) and without deleting the product purchases from the client records?

Regards

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:04 PM

Answers

• Yes, I have done so today. the item is removed from the opportunity product drop down, but still seems linked to the product via advanced find in reporting. That is what we would want. It must leave the record in the OpportunityProducts entity?

Yes. Because OpportunityProduct, Quote Product e.t.c. refrences product and not price list item.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried to deactivate product or delete of price list items from pricelist?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

If I understood correctly you can directly deactivate the price list which you don't want to do that below steps need to be folowed

go to price list which you want to deactivate-->than in active ribbon you can find deactivate button by using this you can deactivate price list.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:08 PM
  • my concern is that in deleting the price list item from the price list would remove the prior purchases. I have not tried to deactivate the product, will this remove it from the pricelist as an option?
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:50 AM
  • no, thank you for the consideration but please see prior comments.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:51 AM
  • my concern is that in deleting the price list item from the price list would remove the prior purchases.
    Have you tried that? I'm pretty sure that you're wrong.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015 9:28 AM
  • Yes, I have done so today. the item is removed from the opportunity product drop down, but still seems linked to the product via advanced find in reporting. That is what we would want. It must leave the record in the OpportunityProducts entity?
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:54 PM

Yes. Because OpportunityProduct, Quote Product e.t.c. refrences product and not price list item.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:38 PM