This message was not delivered to [User] due to an error: More details (ID:102) RRS feed

• Question

• OCS standard server and clients - Communicators "A" and "C" - are placed in the same network segment.

Client Communicatior "B" is placed in a different network segment.

If Communicator "A" sends a message to "B" everything works fine.

If Communicator "B" replies to the message there will be the following error:

"This message was not delivered to [User] due to an error: More details (ID:102)"

Message wont be transmitted.

If Communicator "B" sends the first message to establish a conversation, Communicator "A" gets a popup

with the message text. By clicking on this popup the conversation box will be opened but no message text will

be shown.

There are no problems between "A" and "C".

The clients are using TCP to establish a connection to the server.

I reinstalled the server with no result. What's wrong?

Monday, July 16, 2007 7:58 AM

Answers

• Now I'm using TLS and everything works fine. At the moment I have no idea about the reason of the problem. I will continue testing...
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:38 PM

All replies

• I have never seen this behavior. Can you run the validation wizard? Are you getting any errors on yrou clients or servers? In their event viewers?

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:33 PM
  • Now I'm using TLS and everything works fine. At the moment I have no idea about the reason of the problem. I will continue testing...
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:38 PM
  • Hi,

I think i have the same issue.
    I can logon externally with Office Communicator 2007, but when i write some message, they never go to the recepient. if i check the event viewer, i have this error :

Communicator was unable to resolve the DNS hostname of the login server XXXX.INTERNALDOMAIN.

Resolution:
     If you are using manual configuration for Communicator, please check that the server name is typed correctly and in full.  If you are using automatic configuration, the network administrator will need to double-check the DNS A record configuration forXXXX.INTERNALDOMAIN.net because it could not be resolved.

It tries to resolve the internal domain, but I put the external domain on my OC client configuration,
    This happens on a TCP configuration, just like you.

Any thought ?

Thanks
    Sunday, November 4, 2007 11:17 PM
  • Same issue(s) here. I've just switched over to TLS instead of TCP, so I will report back with our progress. Previously, we WERE running TCP connectivity setup through the Communicator.adm GPO.

-Will

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 8:45 PM
  • If you stick the FQDN in the hosts file for the client machine, should work...
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:22 PM
  • I've got the same issue in my case. I tried to specify ip addresses in host file on my client machine but still it did not bring any success.

192.167.7.63 records_sipinternaltls._tcp.
    xxx.com
    192.167.7.63 _sipinternal._tcp.xxx.com

I also have question about TLS connection.

Is it possible to use TLS connections from external networks? It asks for certificates and for having machine in the same domain ;-(
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:11 PM