communicator call from ocs to ocs RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    we have OCs R2 integrated with Cisco call manager.  Everything works ok both ways, however, when a user wants to make  a communicator call to another communicator user, the ip phone rings at the same time as OCs client does. Is there a way to change this? i mean, if the user calls only via communicator call, the receiving call user should only have communicator ringing, right?

thanks.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 6:33 AM

All replies

• Jakim,

If you have PBX integration enabled this is expected behavior, part of the PBX integration can be dual forking.  If you didn't want both to ring you could turn off dual forking, however, that would kill ringing on both lines for all calls, not just OCS to OCS.

Hope this helps!

-kp
    MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:41 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.
    i wonder then what does the "allow simultaneous ringing of phones" mean in the policy? i unchecked it, however, could not see the difference. I assume that it would disable dual forking for the user, correct?

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:19 AM
  • Jakim,

I believe that should stop dual forking, but it would take some time and/or restarting of services to go into affect (I can't remember which/how long at the moment).  If you don't want the user to have Dual Forking you could remove the PBX integration for them. 

Thanks,

-kp
    MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:35 AM
  • Simring is different from PBX integration.  If you've enabled a user for PBX integration, ringing at both places is the expected result, as previously stated, and this is not considered simring.  Simring is when the user can optionally choose to have their phone simulataneoulsy ring at another phone (e.g. their mobile device).  Disabling their option to do so will not stop their PBX & OCS from both ringing.

-GT
    GT
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 3:09 AM