"Connect to CRM Server" window is closed in Visual Studio 2010 after chosing Organization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently, I started to develop a new solution for MS Dynamics CRM 2011 and I wanted to use one of the Visual Studio templates solution (Solution Package from CRM SDK) as a base development tool.

Unfortunately, when I setup a solution and want to open the CRM Explorer to connect to the CRM system, after I provide the all required connection data and choosing the Organization, the "Connection to CRM Server" window is being automatically closed and nothing is happening - the CRM Explorer is still not visible.

Can someone have any idea what might be the problem cause?

Is there any file that the errors from Visual Studio is logged where I could search for any ideas?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If connection is done successfully and CRM Explorer is not visible, then select view -> CRM Explorer from menu.

• Proposed as answer by Yatin Babaria Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:49 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Yatin Babaria Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:14 AM
  • Hi,

I'm not having a problem to find the CRM Explorer... the issue is related to the opening the CRM Explorer where the window "Connect to Dynamics CRM Server" appears. After provinding the correct Connection and Authentication Details, I select an Organization from combobox... and after few seconds, the window is just being closed... without any comment, alert or error.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:48 PM
  • finally solved

this error happen when i cannot access to organization service, because an incorrect host name

In my case jus add the ip in hosts file

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts  

Friday, July 19, 2013 8:43 PM
  • The actual issue was that the URL is incorrectly configured on the DeploymentManager

Change the Web URL and the CRM Explorer worked like charm!

• Modify the global settings for CRM from within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager*:
      • Start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager
      • Right-click on the ‘Microsoft Dynamics CRM’ entry at the top of the left pane of the window shown
      • Click ‘Properties’
      • Select the ‘Web Address’ tab on the dialog which is shown
      • Modify the addresses shown appropriately. Note that if the binding type is modified from HTTP to HTTPS you will need to install the appropriate certificate into IIS as well.
      • Click OK to close the dialog and close Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager
    • Restart the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service, or restart the server

Full Help: https://blogs.blackmarble.co.uk/blogs/adawson/post/2011/06/13/changing-crm-2011-url-after-installation.aspx

Saturday, February 6, 2016 8:33 PM