none
Issue with sync from handheld to sqlserver db RRS feed

• Question

• I have inherited an application that another developer wrote.  I dont have the source code, and this has never been put into production, but the issue I'm having is the handheld has a Sync button (programmer defined) that sends data from the handheld to a table in the SQLServer db.  Each time I do so, the handheld sends the data to the table, but it wipes out the data that was already there.  This is a problem because the data may or may not have been processed.  The developer says that there is nothing he did to allow this to happen but I've not been able to talk to him personally.  My question is, is there something on the SQLServer side that would do this automatically that I could turn off or as I'm thinking, it is something he is doing on his end.

I know this is not much to go by but really that is all I have myself.

Thanks

Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:33 PM

All replies

• Did he use Sync Fx? Sync Fx will only apply deletes on the destination if deletes are detected on the local provider. Neither does SQLServer will do a delete unless its instructed to do so.

Try running SQL Profiler to see if an actual Delete statement is being sent.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:44 PM