none
Font problems - are they going to be resolved soon? RRS feed

• Question

• If I switch to TechNet or articles and then try to go back to forums, the font changes to a very small hard to read. I'd like to have the same font as in MSDN...

Thanks in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:25 AM

Answers

• The issue here around consistency is in deciding whether we are consistent with cross brand forum's instances OR the rest of technet. The fonts are inherited from 'brand' css, so the fonts are consistent with what 'technet' site expects. I understand the request to bail on that consistency and instead tie it to the app instead of the brand. I'll take that up with the folks that help make these decisions. Thanks for the input.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:38 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• If I switch to TechNet or articles and then try to go back to forums, the font changes to a very small hard to read. I'd like to have the same font as in MSDN...

Thanks in advance.

My blog

It's the same font style, but just a smaller size?
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:18 AM
    Owner
  • No, I believe it's also a different font. But after reading in MSDN, switching to TechNet is painful for my eyes.

My blog
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:36 AM
  • Why a different size (and font) has been chosen I have no idea. But note that you can change the zoom in your web browser.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Yes, I know, I have been doing that yesterday. But still it felt weird.

My blog
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:11 PM
  • << But still it felt weird. >>

I agree. We do appreciate consistency. :-)

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:36 PM
  • The issue here around consistency is in deciding whether we are consistent with cross brand forum's instances OR the rest of technet. The fonts are inherited from 'brand' css, so the fonts are consistent with what 'technet' site expects. I understand the request to bail on that consistency and instead tie it to the app instead of the brand. I'll take that up with the folks that help make these decisions. Thanks for the input.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:38 PM
    Answerer
  • I do understand that a joint decision must be made. Thank you for your considering it.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:12 PM