Custom search fields in Look Up Records Webpage dialog RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to customize Look up Records Webpage Dialog in CRM 4.0? We have a custom attribute called Search Name in Account entity. Now we want to search Accounts with this search name attribute (Look for: Account, typing the search name in "Search for records" box and pushing the button)  in Look Up records Webpage dialog eg. when we are picking receivers to email activity. Is it possible? 
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi.

Try to do following:
    1. Open account entity customization form.
    2. Open Forms and View section.
    3. Open Lookup View.
    4. Change lookup fields (add your find field).
    5. Save View.
    6. Publish account entity.
    Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный) free counters Locations of visitors to this page
    Friday, February 12, 2010 9:02 AM
  • It works ...almost. Interesting.

I followed Your instructions and found following. Now I can type my search name into New E-mail forms To -field an when tab away from the To -field, CRM founds the correct Account with my search name.  Works fine.

But if I leave the To -field empty and push the To -fields Look Up button, the "Search for records" -field does not find the account when searching with search name. Any ideas for that?  

Friday, February 12, 2010 10:29 AM
  • This is really strange, because this functionality works for me... Have you clicked 'looking glass' button near text input control in lookup form?
    Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)free countersLocations of visitors to this page
    Friday, February 12, 2010 11:34 AM
  • Yes I have clicked the looking glassa button. When I type my search name in to 'Search for records' box and push the 'looking glass' button it says 'No records were found...' . But still it founds the Accout when type same search name straigt to New E-mails To -field. I have tested in two different CRM and they behavies same way. And I also tryed with one system attribute, but it works the same way.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 12:14 PM
  • Found something new with this. When I use Look Up Webpage Dialog where I can choose only one Account  (eg. when picking new Parent Customer for contact) then I manage to find my Account with my Search Name. But when I use Look Up Webpage Dialog where I can choose multiple Accounts (eg. when choosing recievers to E-mail in New E-mails To -field) its not working. 

Anyone knows whats different between these two types of Look Up Webpage Dialogs? 
    Monday, February 15, 2010 8:50 AM