none
Autoroute 2011 with GPS Locator RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently bought a new HP computer with Windows 7.  I also bought Autoroute 2011 with GPS Locator which should be compatible with Windows 7.  However I have installed the program and although it says it has installed successfully, when I try to run it it hangs on the Licence screen.  Nothing happens and when I click on it its says "Microsoft is not responding", "Close the program or wait for it to respond".  Waiting even for a couple of hours (!!) it does nothing.  Closing the program results in "Checking for a soultuion to the problem" and then nothing.  Although I am quite computer literate, (I have been in the computer business for over 50 years and never had anything like this before). solutions I have found refer to registry problems and that is too much for me.  Surely a program that is produced by NMicrosoft and is installed on a computer with all the correct requirements should run on that computer without the bother of all these errors.  I have insatlled other programs easily and successfully without all this hassle. The program is not cheap and I am an OAP. Can anyone help me with an answer in plain English please.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 12:15 PM

All replies

• Exactly what are you doing when you try to run it:  are you clicking on a desktop icon or are you clicking on the program file icon in the folder in which the program has been lodged?
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.  I do not have an icon on the desktop, so I click on the program name in the start menu.
    M Budden
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 7:24 PM
  • Try going into the folder where the program is lodged and click on "AutoRout.exe".  The start menu link maybe wrong.
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 7:34 PM
  • I've done that but the same thing happens
    M Budden
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Goldie, see if this helps.

Laptop GPS World
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 8:21 PM
  • I've tried that and got a link for a hotfix from Microsoft, but the link does not work!!
    M Budden
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Refer to this tread, as the same problem occurs with Windows 7 and streets and trips. You will need to load msconfig.exe then follow what others have done to disable some system services from starting as well as maybe something in startup. Once you locate the problem service or/and startup file just leave them disabled. There are some tips in this tread also on what services seem to cause the problems. There are a couple other treads also covering it about that same time.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/streetsandtrips/thread/c6a79759-7554-4577-a2c5-5fdfd6cfc42e

Monday, February 6, 2012 3:19 PM
  • I am afraid all this is too complicated for me.  It is not in plain English and I do not have the computer knowledge to do any of this.  I thought there would be a simple solution.
    M Budden
    Monday, February 6, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Nobody seems to be able to help me with an appropriate solution.  I will have to see if I can get my money back on this program.

M Budden

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:03 AM
  • After a lot of frustration during these last 24 hours, and searching on the Internet to try and understand what has been said,  I have at last managed to get the program loaded.  If I had been told where to find the msconfig file I would have got there much sooner.  I am not conversant with all this computer speak as many others are not I am sure.  So plain English helps in the end.  It was Wikipedia that got me there.

M Budden

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:18 PM