CRM 3 domain user issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have returned to work for a company I was at a couple of years ago and now seem to have an issue with CRM 3.0 reports.  The CRM was setup with an account for me when I was first here, and that account deactivated and the relating Active Directory user deleted, on returning this time I have a new Active Directory account and they created a new user in CRM.  I now get errors when trying to run any reports which, as best as I can tell from elsewhere, is caused by there being 2 users (one active, one inactive) linked to the same domain name (as it seems to link to the name as text rather than storing the SID).

We can't delete either user, and the linked Active Directory account is greyed out and so can't be changed.

What can we do about this?  (it's a big issue as I'm supposed to be generating some new reports).

Cheers,

Laurie Calverley

Thursday, April 3, 2008 1:28 PM

Answers

• can you enable the disabled user name you have in crm?

it's not a problem to have more than one users with the same name.

Let me know if this helped.

Kamal

http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:22 PM

All replies

• can you enable the disabled user name you have in crm?

it's not a problem to have more than one users with the same name.

Let me know if this helped.

Kamal

http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:22 PM
  • It's not the CRM user but the fact that two CRM users are linked to the same Active Directory account that's caused the problem.  We have *just* managed to fix it by changing the Active Directory account on the original, disabled CRM user to an inactive Active Directory account and everything seems to be working now.

It's an odd problem though, as everything bar reports seems to be fine.

Cheers,

Laurie Calverley

Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:56 PM