microsoft home and student 2007 on microsoft works RRS feed

• Question

• i bought a medion E1222 notebook with windows 7 and microsoft works with home and student etc. when i go on to microsoft works it says to enter the 25 charachter key which i have on on a disc that came with it. i put the disk into my home pc to find out the key as the notebook has no disk drive. i couldent find the key because it says that there is already microsoft works hardware on the pc which is true but i do not want to uninstall the current microft works off the pc. i want to find the key for the notebook. 

thank you, please reply.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:00 PM

Answers

• Hello adamb95,

You seem to be confusing the names of two different programs, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Works.

Microsoft Office come in a version called "Home and Student" so I assume the issue you are posting about is with Microsoft Office Home and Student.

If you have a copy of Office Home and Student, the product key would be listed either on the sleeve that the Office Disks came in or on a card that came with the disks.

Please Note: New computers often come with a Trial version of Microsoft Office.  If you did not specifically ask to have a Full version of Office included in your new PC (and pay extra for it), then it is likely that the copy of Office installed on the PC is a Trial version.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hello adamb95,

You seem to be confusing the names of two different programs, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Works.

Microsoft Office come in a version called "Home and Student" so I assume the issue you are posting about is with Microsoft Office Home and Student.

If you have a copy of Office Home and Student, the product key would be listed either on the sleeve that the Office Disks came in or on a card that came with the disks.

Please Note: New computers often come with a Trial version of Microsoft Office.  If you did not specifically ask to have a Full version of Office included in your new PC (and pay extra for it), then it is likely that the copy of Office installed on the PC is a Trial version.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:42 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:10 PM