none
Default to e-mail address in health monitoring provider in root web.config RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,

We're trying to find a way to have the health monitoring e-mails of all our applications be sent to one e-mail address, without having to specify that e-mail address in every application's web.config.  We were thinking this might be possible via the Root Web.config, which defaults values in application web.configs.

Example Application Web.Config:

<system.web>
        <healthMonitoring enabled="true" >
          <providers>
            <add name="FilteredMailWebEventProvider"
                 type="So.Esi.MvcFramework.Utility.HealthMonitoring.FilteredMailWebEventProvider"
                 buffer="true"
                 bufferMode="Notification"
                 maxMessagesPerNotification="10"
                 maxEventsPerMessage="10"
                 subjectPrefix="App Name"/>

Example Root Web.Config (our attempt):

<healthMonitoring>    
    <
    providers>      
    <
    add name="FilteredMailWebEventProvidertype="So.Esi.MvcFramework.Utility.HealthMonitoring.FilteredMailWebEventProviderto="one-email-to-rule-them-all@domain.edu" from="one-email-to-rule-them-all@domain.edu"/>   
    </
    providers>

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

• Moved by Breeze Liu Monday, January 29, 2018 7:50 AM off topic
    Saturday, January 27, 2018 12:12 AM

All replies

• I think you should post this on the asp.net forums
    Sunday, January 28, 2018 10:12 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

Since the problem is out of the scope of UWP forum, I suggest that you might need to ask this in other forums like asp.net forums.

Thank you for you patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Thank you for pointing me in the right direction: https://forums.asp.net/p/2135539/6189701.aspx?p=True&t=636528037613516663

• Edited by abeehler Monday, January 29, 2018 2:26 PM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 2:25 PM