Email is required to activate a sandbox? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey all! I am trying to learn Azure and I created a free account yesterday. I got to my first exercise yesterday -> Exercise - Create a website hosted in Azure

I didn't know at the time, but that automatically created a sandbox. Today, when I tried to login, I got an error message telling me that the sandbox has not been activated. I checked my email and found it there, and I activated the sandbox.

Problem is, it was activated without a subscription - meaning that I can't use it. I saw this on the exercise page:

Email is required to activate a sandbox
    Your Microsoft account must be linked to a valid email to activate a sandbox. Go to Microsoft Account Settings to link your email and try again.
    For more information, please check the troubleshooting guidance page.

OK... I clicked on Retry activating sandbox, it showed me a message stating that an improper use of the sandbox was detected and that I risk getting banned - I reloaded the page and saw the earlier error message.

Now, when I click on Retry activating sandbox, it does nothing... I do see a 400 error in the browser console though :(

Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? I am blocked and can't continue with the learning module.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:31 PM

All replies

• Many users are facing this and would suggest you continue other modules meanwhile. 

FAQs on MS Learn: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/support/troubleshooting

Open issue on sandbox: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/feedback/issues/1797

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:39 PM
  • Thank you Vaibhav! I will try it later then.
    Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:46 AM
  • Now its just:

Unauthorized sandbox use detected. Your sandbox access has been removed.

The sandbox may only be used to complete training on Microsoft Learn. Use for any other reason is prohibited, and may result in permanent loss of access to the sandbox. Please review our terms of use

It seems this is affecting a lot of people.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:29 PM