OCS 2007---Facing problems with File transfer RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I have installed OCS 2007 and often facing problems with File transfer which doesnt work properly.I have already gone through the existing threads on the File Transfer Issue here but i couldnt get hold of a concrete solution.

The Error is "

Cannot send file name to remote user. This may be due to firewall restrictions or network problems. Please try again. If you need further assistance, contact your system administrator."

It would be great if you could please guide me on overcoming this. I know there are some ports related to such transfer of files which OCS uses randomly to choose the port.

Thanks
    Mainak
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:29 PM

All replies

• For clarification, are you seeing this error on internal-to-external or external-to-external conversations?  I'm assuming that fiel transfer works correctly for internal users?
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 4:48 PM
  • File transfer is a peer to peer 

it usually doesn't work with external users because of NAT issues

Ports 6891-6901 are used for file transfer and must be opened on the Client Firewall

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 8:31 PM
  • Thanks.Yes,i am doing only INTERNAL-INTERNAL transfer which isnot working

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:10 AM
  • Interesting; are any of these internal communications traversing firewalls (e.g. between offices on a WAN)?

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 1:40 PM
  • Make sure that any local firewalls on your clients are not blocking the file transfer. You could use a network interface monitoring tool like Wireshark on both clients to monitor incoming and outgoing traffic.

/Thomas
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:46 PM