Clearing the Cancel On date on a Contract RRS feed

• General discussion

• CRM allows a future date for the Cancel On date for a Contract. If between today and the Cancel On date, we choose to suspend cancellation of the Contract, we need a way of removing or clearing that date.

If I try to say:

contract.CancelOn = null;

I get a an error: "Property of Indexer 'Xrm.Contract.CancelOn' cannot be assigned to - it is read only"

I can't use the SetStateRequest message because the contract is still Active.

Has anyone accomplished this?  Any ideas?   Thank you....

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:35 PM

All replies

• I think you have to change firstly metadata of CancelOnfield

IsValidForUpdate:false->true

after that we will update this field.

see EntityMetadata excel sheet in SDK for details.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, January 17, 2014 3:55 AM
  • Thanks for responding, Santosh!

I found the spreadsheet and I found the entry for CancelOn. However, I haven't been able to find anything on editing the EntityMetaData. Can you be more explicit?

Thank you again.

Update:
    I found some instruction at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.xrm.sdk.messages.updateentityrequest.aspx and I will give it a go.

2nd Update:

I am basing my code on the example at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg509014(v=crm.6).aspx

I need to edit the metadata for a field on the Contract entity. I can get to the Contract entity's own metadata, but not that of its fields. Has anyone done this?

My code so far:

RetrieveEntityRequest retrieveContractEntityRequest = new RetrieveEntityRequest
                {
                    EntityFilters = EntityFilters.Entity,
                    LogicalName = Xrm.Contract.EntityLogicalName
                };
                RetrieveEntityResponse retrieveContractEntityResponse = (RetrieveEntityResponse)_service.Execute(retrieveContractEntityRequest);
                EntityMetadata ContractEntity = retrieveContractEntityResponse.EntityMetadata;

ContractEntity.Attributes[iInt].IsValidForUpdate = true;
    but ContractEntity.Attributes[] takes an integer and I don't know what to populate here. Can anyone guide me? Thanks!

• Edited by MeProgrammer Friday, January 17, 2014 3:42 PM typo
    Friday, January 17, 2014 2:37 PM
  • Further update:

isValidForUpdate is read-only.

Does anyoen know how I can accomplish a cancellation of suspension of a future Cancel date on a Contract?  One possibility is to re execute CancelContractRequest with today's date, and then Renew it. When renewed, it will be in draft mode so it can be updated, and I can change the dates to match the original, and then shange its State so it is Active.... but perhaps there is a more elegant solution?

Friday, January 17, 2014 6:33 PM