CRM 2011 + Dynamically Sitemap Left navigation Url change at runtime? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are devloping one application using Dynamic CRM 2011. here one senario we want to change the left navigation url as dynamically at runtime.. ist possible? if possible , please give good solution with suitable example?

Thnaks and regards,

Elanji
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:17 AM

All replies

• I'm trying to figure this out myself.  Did you ever figure this out?  Does anyone else have any insite on this?
    Pat B
    Friday, January 6, 2012 4:57 PM
  • You can set Privileges for the SiteMap items based on which the items are either displayed or hidden from the users.

By Privileges i refer to the read/write/delete privileges to the entities. The privileges that are provided to users through security roles.

Besides that i believe there is no other supported way to show/hide sitemap items.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:49 AM
    • Edited by Sam - Inogic Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:50 AM
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:49 AM
  • Sam,

That is unfortunate.  I have found a way to add a left navigation item with passing parameters about the entity including the entity ID.  However the only way to do that is to edit the customization.xml file that is produced when exporting a solution.  In my case I will be able to make this work though it sure would be easier if I could just select what fields of the entity I want passed as parameters to the link.

Basically you need to export a solution which could just be a test solution that contains the entity.  Then edit the customizations.xml file in the left navigation node for the entity.  Look at the other nodes for examples.  The thing you have to add is the "Pass Params" attribute and the Url parameter.  Once added save the customizations.xml back into the solution Zip file, reimport and publish.

</NavBarByRelationshipItem>
       <NavBarItem Id="navBccContactItegrations" PassParams="1" Area="Info" Sequence="1000" Icon="$webresource:bcc_icon_BH" Url="https://yoururl.com">
          <Titles>
             <Title LCID="1033" Text="BCC Integrations" />
          </Titles>
    </NavBarItem>

Note that I thought a Sequence number of 1000 would put it at the bottom of the left navigation section but it didn't.  The nice part of this is now this navigation link does does up on the entity customization form.  Once added to the XML, you can change the URL, the Icon and by dragging and dropping, the display order.

Hope this helps others that might find this posting.

Pat B
    Monday, January 9, 2012 12:34 PM