Gaming Platform!! RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

How about making a dedicated gaming platform for the first time? Everyone should know that the gaming market is huge and driven by the large numbers of gaming enthusiasts around the world. Vista was great but gamers were disappointed with the increased memory load and incompatability issues. The platform market is not very diversified and 99% of all pc games run on Windows. These gaming enthusiasts have big pockets for the latest high-end pc stuff, and will be more than happy to pay more for the already-very-expensive Windows platform without all the unnecessary services that will only negatively impact gaming experience. Literally, it's a win-win situation on both sides - you give less on a platform and we pay more for it =)
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:22 AM

All replies

• This is the suggestions area for Windows Home Server, and I really dont think turning WHS into a gaming platform is the way to go :-)

How about making a dedicated gaming platform for the first time? - They have, its called the Xbox :-)

Andrew

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:06 AM
  •  

err, where should I put it?
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:09 AM
  •  huilun02 wrote:

err, where should I put it?

That depends. If your suggestion was to make the Windows Home Server product into a gaming platform you put it in the right place. However, its a home server product, not a gaming platform so maybe in one of the Vista forums or a general Microsoft forum?

Andrew

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:12 AM
  •  

Thanks. By the way, if you happen to come across an Xbox with a keyboard, do tell me.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:15 AM
  • Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:17 AM
  • Wow, didn't know you could type words into an Xbox. Can I run 3dmark on an Xbox?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:20 AM
  • I would doubt it, but I think Microsoft would say that the Xbox is a dedicated gaming platform.

Andrew

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:23 AM