none
Problem with reply on TechNET/MSDN forums on Safari iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I´ve problem with posting on all forums from my iPhone (iOS 4.3.3). If I open an Reply I not see B/I/U and other buttons and if click Submit nothing happend. I´ve this problem in Error Console in Safari. Thank you for your responses.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• If I open an Reply I not see B/I/U and other buttons and if click Submit nothing happend.

Sometimes that happens to anybody.   The problem then is that the Reply frame is in some kind of HTML source mode.  So, then you have to provide your own HTML source in order for Submit to work.   I guess I haven't tried making any deliberate syntax errors when I have been in that state to see what happens then.  In fact I have always tried to take extra care that I was inserting the necesary p and br and nbsp to make sure that my reply would be formatted correctly once it was received and interpreted by the forum software.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:13 PM
  • I believe iPhone compatibility is well logged and is being considered.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, December 9, 2011 8:16 AM
    Owner
  • Ok, thank you very much.
    Friday, December 9, 2011 10:09 AM
  • damn i just made a thread on this, ill delete it :)
    Friday, December 9, 2011 12:30 PM
  • :) I´m happy, that I´m not only one, which will use iPhone for reply on TechNET forums:)
    Friday, December 9, 2011 12:35 PM
  • How long is it to be considered? The ability to reply to a forum post seems to be a systemic problem with MSDN forums for Safari on Mac, iPhone, and iPad. 

Gary G. Little NanoTelesis Systems, LLC
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Hi Jorja12,
    Thanks for your post.
    It's appreciated that if you can share detailed information or steps on fixing the iPhone Submitting issue for MSDN forum.
    While it's not proper if you just advertising according MSDN forum rules.

Thanks
    Pan Zhang MSDN Site Support Http://msdn.microsoft.com
    Monday, December 26, 2011 2:33 AM