Any way to get a complaint to Microsoft re Streets & Trips? RRS feed

• Question

• Just upgraded to Office Streets & Trips 2013 (from S&T 2007).  Does anyone have any idea if Microsoft will be offering an update to change from  a black bar with white icons at the top?  This was an absolutely HORRIBLE idea!  Doesn't anyone there realize just how difficult this is to see, let alone use?  PUT IT BACK TO A COLOR, or give us an option to change that godawful black to something else!  Or, is there any way to contact Microsoft to complain about this?  From searching the web (stupidly, AFTER purchase) I see I'm not the only one that feels this way, but how to get this to Microsoft's attention???
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:27 AM

All replies

• A lot of people are unhappy with the tool bars. You can definitely make a stylistic argument against them (gawd help you when you see windows 8 - they're basically 'Win8 Metro Style'!), however I don't think you can claim they are difficult to see. Two colours: black & white with simple shapes is about as clear as is possible!

In contrast, some of the MP/S&T 2011 toolbar buttons arguably had too many colours and often looked muddy. The muddiness would vary with display, but would be more noticeable on things like laptops with cheaper displays and lower resolutions.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Monday, April 1, 2013 1:48 PM