Tracking Pain and Obstacles for Leads or Opportunities RRS feed

• Question

• We currently use ACT! as our CRM solution, but are migrating to Dynamics. In our existing DB we have fields for Pain and Obstacles, which are associated with contacts. Can anyone tell me if there are existing fields associated with contacts that track this data?

If not what is the best way to add the needed fields. We would need to track pain and obstacles for leads and retain that information if they become a contact.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Grlynn

Monday, August 19, 2013 7:18 PM

Answers

• There isn't really anything specifically for this information. It is very easy to add new fields to entities so it usually makes more sense to create new fields rather than try and reuse existing fields. 

If you want to capture this data when the record is a Lead and then move the data to a Contact record after qualifying, make sure you have the field(s) defined on both entities as the same data type. Then under the 1:N relationship between Lead and Contact, you can create a mapping for each field you want to bring forward.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, August 19, 2013 7:34 PM

All replies

• There isn't really anything specifically for this information. It is very easy to add new fields to entities so it usually makes more sense to create new fields rather than try and reuse existing fields. 

If you want to capture this data when the record is a Lead and then move the data to a Contact record after qualifying, make sure you have the field(s) defined on both entities as the same data type. Then under the 1:N relationship between Lead and Contact, you can create a mapping for each field you want to bring forward.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Monday, August 19, 2013 7:34 PM
  • Jason,

Thank you for the reply.

Grlynn

Monday, August 19, 2013 7:36 PM