Dual Router Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sure that someone has already resolved this, although I didn't find anything using search in this forum.  If someone can point me to a thread discussing the solution I would appreciate it:

I have just ordered an HP EX485 and am anticipating setting up my network to allow port forwarding to the EX485 for access via the Internet.  I'm on a Qwest DLS connection, so have a DSL box (Actiontech GT701) which acts as a router.  Attached to that I have a LinkSys WRT54G which provides my wireless access for my notebook computer.  My desktop computer and my HP PhotoSmart C6380 printer are plugged directly into a switch port on the WRT54G and I will be plugging the EX485 into the WRT54G. 

Currently my WRT54G provides the DHCP services for my computers and printer and provides my hardware firewall service.  I would like to keep it that way.  But I am assuming that I'm going to run into trouble when I try to configure port forwarding.  If I configure port forwarding on the Linksys, I'm guessing that the Actiontech will prevent those port requests from even making it to the Linksys.  Can I configure the Actiontech to be in simple "pass through" mode of some sort, so it simply passes all request through to the Linksys?  Or do I need to configure the port forwarding on the Actiontech to somehow pass through to the EX485 which will be connected to the Linksys?

I'm sure that someone has been through this, and will appreciate someone pointing me to the resolution.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:59 AM

Answers

• How Do I Connect My 701 In Bridged Mode?

HTH,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by Fisher99 Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:43 PM
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:18 AM

All replies

• How Do I Connect My 701 In Bridged Mode?

HTH,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by Fisher99 Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:43 PM
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Looks like good info.  Thanks.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:42 PM