SOFTWARE FOLDER ACCESS RRS feed

• Question

• I can't copy or delete files and folders within software folder and another added folder.
    All the other folders are accessible.
    These folders are accessible (open, close, e.t.c.) but no furter action can be taken as far as
    files are concerned.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    does this happen for all users or only for a specific user?
    Please check the permissions of the share on the Shared folders tab in the console and try to remove the user account permissions and grant them again.
    There are also other issues, which may have influence:
    • the client authenticates with an account which is considered as guest account
    • trouble with one of the disks, on which the data files are stored (check the event viewer of the server to verify, if this is the case)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:06 PM
  • I am the only user.
    The permissions are all on for me.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:12 PM
  •  Where can I actually search (i mean which event should I check to determine if a hard disk is actually failling)?
    What should it state and under which label
    event viewer?
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:16 PM
  • Hi,
    did you try to remove and reapply the security settings?
    Does this problem happen also for files directly in the software folder or only for files in subfolders?

In the event log especially check the system log for messages from source ntfs, but also other errors (including failures in the security log) may be interesting.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:31 PM
  • Both actually.
    The event viewer shows errors termservdevices (1111), VolSnap (8),
    many warnings regarding print service, by the way I am not printing anything.
    Thanks a lot for the assistance.

Greetings from Athens, Greece
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:36 PM
  • Pettakos said:

Both actually.
    The event viewer shows errors termservdevices (1111), VolSnap (8),
    many warnings regarding print service, by the way I am not printing anything.
    Thanks a lot for the assistance.

Greetings from Athens, Greece

(The Print service errors normal when you use RDC to access the server desktop)

Do you have access to any of your shares with that account?  Can you right cick on the software share (or one of the folders you can't access) and post what is shown in the Security tab?
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:52 AM