locked
Google Chrome v37 not exporting to Excel RRS feed

  • Question

  • A few of our users access CRM 2011 with Google Chrome. When using the latest version (v37) and then trying to export records to Excel, it doesn't seem to do anything (I click the 'Export to Excel' button in the ribbon, the dialog box pops up to specify what I want, then I click 'Export' and nothing happens).

    We had another user who was on v36 and this was working fine for them. They updated to v37 and then they couldn't export.

    Has anyone else suffered from this problem and, if you have, is there a solution?

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:22 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    It's not a long term solution, but I've posted about a fix here.

    You basically need to change a group policy setting to re-enable the deprecated Chrome APIs.

    Neil.


    Neil - My CRM Blog

    • Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Monday, September 8, 2014 1:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jon_Evans Monday, September 8, 2014 2:26 PM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 1:40 PM

All replies

  • Hi Jon,
    also if Microsoft states that Dynamics CRM is compatible with Google Chrome, they cannot guarantee that future releases of Google Chrome (and they are released often) will not break some functions of CRM, as in your case the excel export.

    First thing check if the export still works in Internet Explorer, in this case the error is related to Google Chrome. the alternative is to use another browser (IE or Firefox) or find a standalone setup for Chrome v36

    EDIT: You can try this registry fix for Google Chrome:

    http://www.crmanswers.net/2014/09/google-chrome-registry-fix-for-dynamics.html


    My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile


    Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:04 AM
  • Have you checked if it's 32-bit or 64-bit?  Chrome 37 was the first one to offer a stable 64-bit version to everyone and that might be adding a new wrinkle.

    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:16 PM
  • Thanks Wayne, I had a 32-bit version installed so I downloaded the 64-bit beta and tried that. Unfortunately, the issue still remains. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:30 PM
  • The 64-bit version is out of beta as of version 37. I'd make sure you got the release version.

    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:50 PM
  • Hi Jon,

    I can confirm that I have tested your scenario and it would not work with v37. Other than that I don't have a solution for you. Use IE perhaps...

    Friday, August 29, 2014 3:14 AM
  • I have confirmed this as an issue as well. I have also tried the new beta version as well as Google Canary and they still all fail. 
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

    It's not a long term solution, but I've posted about a fix here.

    You basically need to change a group policy setting to re-enable the deprecated Chrome APIs.

    Neil.


    Neil - My CRM Blog

    • Proposed as answer by Guido PreiteMVP Monday, September 8, 2014 1:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jon_Evans Monday, September 8, 2014 2:26 PM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 1:40 PM
  • Yes, I've just applied that and it's worked. Thanks very much.
    Monday, September 8, 2014 2:26 PM
  • Word of caution. I had downloaded Beta 39 and this fix only kind of worked. Once I removed the beta and put 37 back on it was fixed.

    Monday, September 8, 2014 2:38 PM
  • Worked! Thanks very much.
    Friday, September 19, 2014 3:09 PM