EX470 with AMS DS-2350S RRS feed

All replies

•  Pansonsito wrote:

Has anyone used these two devices together? I am looking to add a unit to my HP MSS and this appears to be the only one I can find in Canada..

web link is here http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27856&vpn=DS-2350S&manufacture=American%20Media%20Systems

Please let me know if any has gotten this to work with thier HP MSS, or if you have another that is available in Canada that works as well.

Cheers

Panson

After you pop the drives in your going to jump a bit in price why not just go for the Ex47x?
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 1:25 PM
  • Do you really want to go with a Raid 5 external storage? Just a straightforward box with an eSATA to SATA port multiplier will give you up to five individual hard drives each of which could then be of any size you might have available.

Colin

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 5:37 PM
  • Panson, the only thing I will mention about that particular eSATA unit is that I remember seeing a report here in the forums of someone connecting an external port multiplier (not this unit, I think) to the HP EX47x and only being able to access 4 drives out of 5. He exchanged the unit and had the same problem, so it seems more likely to be a limitation of the eSATA controller, or an incompatibility between the port multiplier and the controller, not related to WHS.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 6:10 PM
  • All,

I just wanted a port multiplier device, 5 bays preferably. This unit was the only one I could find so far at a reseller in Canada or willing to ship into Canada. I wated to use this with my EX470 which is full on 3.5TB

I am open to other suggestions

Panson

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 2:21 AM
  • Check out this article on Home Server Hacks about the 4 port multplier that I attached to my EX470. It's from Newegg (not sure if they ship to Canada or not, but I would assume so).

Thursday, February 7, 2008 4:13 PM
  • Livegadgets, funny I read you review of the item only a couple of hours before you posted... unfortunatly Newegg at this time does not ship to Canada.

Any more suggestions?

Cheers

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:25 PM