outbound calls delayed response? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using an AudioCodes MP114FXO to connect OCS to our pbx to make some outbound calls.  When the call is answered, you almost always have to say 'hello' two or three time before the app responds.  Watching the logs, it doesn't move from the 'localaccepted' state to 'connected' until that second or third hello.  Has anyone seen this behavior or have any thoughts on what it may be?  We are working with Paracon to look at the gateway side (but not really getting anywhere), but I thought perhaps I'm missing something on the OCS side as well?

Thanks!

Jon

Thursday, February 7, 2008 2:05 PM

All replies

• Capture the SIP / RTP traffic flowing between Speech Server and AudioCodes (e.g. using Wireshark).  For an outbound call, there will be an INVITE from Speech Server to the AudioCodes, then the Connecting -> Connected transition occurs when Speech Server receives the 200 OK. 

There will be other events between these, e.g. RTP handshaking to connect up the audio. 

Use the network tracing to identify where the delay is occurring.  This should point you to where the problem lies.

If you think it's a Speech Server problem, please contact our technical support department as they will be able to help you figure this out better than I can.  Technical support can be contacted via the http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport web page or, if you are in the US, you can call (800)936-5800 and ask for support on Speech Server. 

Monday, February 11, 2008 5:33 PM