Macro Security Level automatically reset! THIS IS CRAZY! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Macro Security Level automatically reset by WIndows Live One Care!
    This is driving everyone in my office CRAZY!
    THIS IS ANNOYING! THIS IS INTRUSIVE! WHAT ABOUT THE "OPTION" to set the Security to the level I LIKE?
    This is MY computer... I legally purchased the software... I have the right to set the software AS I WANT!

Microsoft has NO RIGHT to change my settings!

Since I installed Windows Live One Care, the Macro Security Level was set to HIGH and every time I open a file containing some simple macros (that I wrote), I receive the message advising that macro were disabled because the HIGH security setting and advising to reset the security level to Medium or Low.

I then go to TOOLS>MACRO>SECURITY and set the to Medium or Low, I close Excel and the re-open and everything it's fine: the same workshet that previously was blocked, is now allowed and the macros are working fine, BUT the next day (even withouth reboothing the system), I get the sam problem and the Security Leve was "misteriously" reset to High.

My guess is that Windows Live One Care overnight while performing its "security and cleanup" duties, also reset the security level.

This is annoying, as it is happening also in another older computer where I recently also installed the Windows Live One Care.

I NEED a solution that will enagle Office 2003 to KEEP the Macro Security Setting Level that I select, once for all...
    Any suggestion?
    I hope so otherwise I will have to UNISTALL the Windows Live One Care (which I like), but I will have no choice...
    P.S. (Il will make sure to ask Microsoft for a refund as well!...)

THANK YOU

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 1:12 PM

All replies