Word 2013 changes ikon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have Windows 8 64-bites and Office 2013 (Swedish version).

After 19 automatic updates (17 July) I could open Word 2013 documents only in compatibility mode. 

What I did?
    1. In the menu "Open with" I changed program to "Word" after warning that  Microsoft  Word is not my standard program.

2. Troubleshooter in Widows Update found and fixed problems: "Possible error in database of Windows Update (0x80070490)" and"Windows Update components must be repaired".

3. In the Control Panel \ Programs \ Default Programs \ Set Defaults \ Set Program Associations for Word 2013 I could not save X in the box .docx. Icon is here (and for all my Word 2013 documents) changed into barely visible icon with four parallelly dash so

I did too rapidrepair of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 from from Control Panel \ Programs \ Programs and Features.

4. After this I could save X in the box .docx. The icon changes shapetocorrectWord2013icon in Control Panel and for all my documents         

But: Why did it happen and that's for the second time in two months!??

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:24 PM

Answers

• First, this is the Training and Certification (i.e. Microsoft Certification) forum - nothing related to fixing Word. 

As to why it happened - it's Microsoft.  "it's a feature, not a bug."

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:24 PM
    Answerer