Window Live OneCare Backup vs Image Backup RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to create a backup of my system including the operating system so I can restore it if I have any trouble.  At this point I have a clean new system, and I would like to be able to restore the whole thing as it sits like an image restore.  If I do a OneCare Backup will I be able to recover straight from my cd's without reinstalling my operating system, and other basic applications.  I would like to be able to restore my whole hard drive operating system and basic applications, everything.  Will the OneCare Backup do this?

I am trying to avoid having to rebuild my system from the bottom up if something happens, and I want a base backup to recover to that is clean with no viruses, data etc. 

Can I do this with OneCare Backup, or does it just do application files, and not the whole system image.

Thank You for the help.

Cherokee

Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:01 PM

Answers

• OneCare only backs up data files. It does not backup programs or the system files. You will need to obtain an image backup program such as Acronis True Image. Full PC backup is also available in Vista Business and Ultimate.

-steve

Friday, October 17, 2008 12:24 AM