none
Contact-Picker-App-sample fails to upgrade to vs2017 Version 15.2 (26430.12) Release RRS feed

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I found there have the following ContactPicker samples:

Contact Picker app sample   ----- for Win8.1 and VS 2013

Contact picker sample     ------ for Win10 and VS 2017

If you want to use it in VS 2017, please download the second one. I tried to download the above examples and unzipped, select File-Open-Project/Solution to open it in my VS enterprise 2017 15.2(26430.12), the older version cannot open due to incompatibility issues and the second one work fine.

If you meet the actual error about this example, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=wpdevelop and start a new thread, attach your detail error message and it will help you to seek for a more professional support, since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

BTW, the collect.exe tool often used to collect the VS installation logs to analysis the failed VS installation, you can just share the detail error information that you meet in VS and it will also helpful.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 3:10 AM
  • I believe I did download the win10 sample.  I say that because I downloaded via this link: Windows-universal-samples/Samples/ContactPicker/.   If that's wrong please tell me more so I can get one that works not just another attempt that wastes more of my time.

walter fink

Ill try now to attach the collect.exe output zip but I don't see an attach button. I see a hyperlink button so ill try that.  That's not working.  Please help.

• Edited by wfink Saturday, June 10, 2017 3:40 PM need vslogs.zip help
    Friday, June 9, 2017 4:40 PM
  • Hi my friend,

Thank you for your detail information.

It seems you already downloaded the right version of this sample, and please navigate to this: https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples/issues and start a new issue with the detail error message that you found in VS, it will help you to get a more professional support and thank you for your cooperation.

If you have any other issue about VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 7:49 AM