Tanjay Address book different to OCS Address Book

Question

• Has anyone seen the behaviour,

We are running the latest firmware on a number of Tanjay devices and are noticing differences between the address book details for some people.  The MOC client is displaying the correct details on all users contact cards but the Tanjay's are not for some users. 

For some users on a Tanjay contact card only a Communicator Call option is displayed (ie their work number is not displayed) and for others a work number is displayed but the record in incorrect (ie was initially set to this value and we have corrected it since). 

On the Tanjay's we initially deployed, the contact card is showing the Communicator Call Option and the incorrect work phone, on new units (after the firmware upgrade has completed) - the same person has only the communicator call option listed.

Also on the Tanjay some folk have Commuicator and Work Call options listed - others only display the Communicator call option - the MOC client displays both work and communicator call options.

We have tried restarting the phone, sign out / in as the same user & also as different user all in an attempt to force a fresh download to the Tanjay device.

Does anyone know the process that the Tanjay's use to obtain it's address book and how often and where they get it from.

Cheers

Monday, December 22, 2008 6:20 AM

Answers

• I've deleted and recreated the address book files - logged out / back into the Tanjay's with the same problem.

I think found the 'hard' reset option on the back of the phone and this seems to have fixed the problem

Thanks for your help guys

Cheers

Gavin
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:27 AM

All replies

• I have seen this issue before. Unfortunately, signing out the Tanjay with the 'Change User' option and signing back in again forced a fresh download of the address book in my scenario. Are you on the latest Tanjay firmware?

Jamie Schwinn
    www.systmsny.net

Monday, December 22, 2008 1:11 PM
  • You might want to compare timestamps on the .lsabs and .dabs file on the server as it's possible the device-specific ABS files are not being updated correctly.  Also the contact cards as shown on the Tanjay's do not display informatino with the same depth ands details as the regular OC client, this is something that was improved upon in the R2 Communicator Phone Edition release.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, December 22, 2008 10:37 PM
  • Jeff,

are you suggesting that there is an address book specific to esch device or each device type.  Subsequent Tanjay's we have deployed have the correct details - it's only the devices in the initial rollout thst have the incorrect details.  I'll sus out the abs server files tomorrow.

I've tried the logout / login o[ption eoith no luck.  I've resorted to removing the incorrect contact items using the ocsweb interface and then updating the contacts in the phone

Cheers

Gavin
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:00 PM
  • Timestamps on the .lsabs & .dabs files appear correct - both have dates of 1:30am local time this morning.  I'm seeing 2 .lsabs - f0b61.lsabs which I'm assuming is the full address book and a d-0b60-0b61.lsabs.

I'm seeing 9 .dabs files - one f-0b61.dabs and then 8 files which seem to be incremented by hex starting at d-0b5a-0b61, incrementing by d-0b5X-0b61

The files starting with D- are smaller in size and I'm guessing that they are the incremental changes or device specific files ?

Also have an history of similar files stored in the same ABS folder based on previous address book generation times

Does anyone now the difference between D- and F- files - I can't seem to find any further information on the web

Is it safe to move these files and force an rebuild of the address book ?
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:02 PM
  • The .dabs files are the the device specific ABS files for Communicator Phone Edition and the .lsabs file are for the standard and CoMo clients.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:42 PM
  • I've deleted and recreated the address book files - logged out / back into the Tanjay's with the same problem.

I think found the 'hard' reset option on the back of the phone and this seems to have fixed the problem

Thanks for your help guys

Cheers

Gavin
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:27 AM