How to send mass email through Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• We would like to send newsletters to our clients from CRM using the Outlook plugin. I am guessing that because CRM syncs with Outlook every 15 minutes, it only sends about 10 messages per 15 minutes. Are there ways to increase the number of outgoing emails significantly? Many thanks for your help.

--> Thanks for your feedback. I went with the suggestion to install the CRM 4.0 email router Software and it works just fine. Thanks again for your help.Smile
    Monday, August 25, 2008 9:23 PM

Answers

•  

Actually the interval of when e-mails are sent is in system settings (go settings-administration--system settings--Outlook tab). 

It probably spaces it out so it happens in the background without killing your Outlook performance.  if you want to send faster, you can set the pending email interval lower.

if you want to have it happen faster, you should install the CRM E-mail router and have it send CRM email instead of Outlook.  It can be installed on any machine, does not need to be installed on the Exchange server.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:41 AM

All replies

•  

I send out newsletters using a quick campaign on a marketing list.  But I have changed the system setting to send pending outgoing emails to every minute.  I am running a fairly small group, so it doesn't kill my resources to do that.  It is a CRM setting that I have adjusted.  I get about 200 +/- emails out in about 10 minutes this way.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:39 AM
  •  

Actually the interval of when e-mails are sent is in system settings (go settings-administration--system settings--Outlook tab). 

It probably spaces it out so it happens in the background without killing your Outlook performance.  if you want to send faster, you can set the pending email interval lower.

if you want to have it happen faster, you should install the CRM E-mail router and have it send CRM email instead of Outlook.  It can be installed on any machine, does not need to be installed on the Exchange server.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:41 AM
  • Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Could I ask you to please give me a step by step guide on how to adjust the CRM and system settings? Many thanks.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:24 PM
  • Sure, in CRM click on settings

then click on administration

then click system settings

then click on Outlook tab

On this form you will see an option for send pending CRM e-mail every X minutes.

You can adjust this setting to make the emails go more frequently by changing this value.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:19 PM
  • Hello,

Can you do this while a campaign is running, the users working?, I mean there are mails being sent.

Microsoft CRM 4.0
    Friday, September 10, 2010 3:31 PM