PublicResXFileCodeGenerator automatically includes an attribute that is not available in Compact FrameWork 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• The "PublicResXFileCodeGenerator" Custom tool is a great option to provide public accessibility for the ResX strings generated automatically into designer.cs.  However, when using this custom tool - a new attribute is placed on the main class in designer.cs:

[global::System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGeneratedAttribute()]

The addition of this attribute causes the device project file (.designer.cs) to fail compilation because our target platform is Compact Framework 2.0, and this attribute is not defined in 2.0 (was only added with Compact Framework 3.5 and up).  

Note that the original tool ResXFileCodeGenerator (which generates 'internal' accessibility) does not have this attribute issue (either it doesn't generate the attribute, or it is paying attention to the target setting in the project).

Why can't Public version also pay attention to the platform setting?

Jeff

jeffl

• Moved by Caillen Tuesday, June 17, 2014 7:42 AM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jeff,
    Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.
    I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual C#. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.
    Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Hello,

I'd create a bug report on Connect:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:45 PM