Why can't you find me? RRS feed

• Question

• Almost a month ago I set up a site sitemap.xml and robot text.
    Why can you only index the default directory?
    Your indexing ignores anything not in the Root Directory, therefore the entire site, much less KEYWORDS.
    The interesting documents are in a subdirectory (as specified in sitemap.xml in the Root Directory): http://dementedmind.org/docs/.
    What do I have to do, other than moving ALL documents back into the Root Directory?

Your Robot indexed my site on 4/20, after my submission to you.
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In order for us to crawl said documents, they need to be accessable somewhere on your site. I could not find a link to any docs in your docs directory from any page I visited. If you have a nav bar, it did not show up.  
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 7:51 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In order for us to crawl said documents, they need to be accessable somewhere on your site. I could not find a link to any docs in your docs directory from any page I visited. If you have a nav bar, it did not show up.  
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Monday, April 27, 2009 7:51 PM
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Brett,

You leave me mystified...

The links to all Documents in the 'docs' directory are on the page:

http://dementedmind.org/obewan.html

... as listed in the sitemap.xml file.

Question is why can't you or your Robot find the links?

Also you are giving me a :

Results for File Not Found (404)

Live Search encountered a "404 File Not Found" HTTP status code when last attempting to download these URLs. This could either mean the page has been removed from your site, or that there is a misspelled URL somewhere on the web pointing to your site. We recommend you use this report to find a list of URLs to either repair the broken link, or create a 301 redirect the URL to a more appropriate location
    Web Page Date Last Found
    No data is available.

WHAT PAGE? WHAT DOES THIS MESSAGE REFER TO?

Monday, May 4, 2009 4:22 AM
  • Bret Yount,

Thank you for your confirmation to my theory that mankind will not make it to a Type 1 Civilization.

I have researched your other "replies".
    All seem to be as LAME as this one.

I certainly hope that you are working under some sort of Benevelant Internship, and not actually getting paid for your effortlesses.

Let me define my terms when I try to remain polite and professional and use the word mystified :
    You are lieing and really don't give a #2.

To date there have been 277 views of this thread... and NO VOTES FOR HELPFULNESS (on this "reply" and any of your others anywhere).

Evidently MSN's Search Robot's performance matches yours and has the same attitiude.

Perhaps we can get a few VOTES on this reply as being helpful:
    With the message to take away is:

"Don't waste your time trying to get anything useful out of Microsoft regarding web search."

Getting this message early should be a real time saver for humanity.

Evidently Microsoft is TOO BIG TO FAIL, or give a #2.

I was faithful to Microsoft from DOS 1.2 to XP.

I finally threw in the towel and went MACINTOSH... as should the rest of the world... but they will never wise up,
    but now we are back to my entry point, which you have confirmed here:
    Mankind, as a whole, will remain too stupid to make it past a Type 0 Civilization.

Sincerely,

Charlie
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 2:26 PM