Vista OEM reactivation after motherboard change RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Vista ultimate x64 OEM license, sold with my computer from a small OEM manufactuer.

My motherboard recently died, and i have bought a new one (different model). All other hardware parts are not changed.
    I want to do a fresh install so i keep a clean OS without the drivers from the old chipset, etc.

Will i run into activation issues when reinstalling ?  Will vista tell me that my product key is already in use ? 
    If so, what should i do to avoid this problem ?

Thanks,
    meucha
    Friday, March 20, 2009 12:42 PM

Answers

•  Hello Meucha,

This forum is for the support of Vista Activation or Validation issue.  Licensing questions are off-topic and outside my area of expertise.

To answer your Activation question: Depending upon how much hardware is changed over a certain time period, hardware changes may trigger the need to reactivate.

As for your Licensing question, please see the post by Dan at IT Associates in thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinebenefits/thread/6c8878a3-28c0-43e2-a7ff-11466cafbaf0/.  I believe it will answer your question.

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 8:56 PM