Application crashes on a call to WINAPI waveOutOpen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My application tries to open a waveform device to perform audio playback. When i try to open a wave device which is not the default playback device, the call to waveOutOpen() function crashes my application. Where can I get more info regarding this error ?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello , 

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the operating system you are currently using?

Thanks & regards,

Siddharth Chavan Tier II Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team.
    Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:37 AM
  • Hi Siddharth,

I'm facing this issue in Windows 7 Professional. The audio driver installed is RealTek. It shows two devices namely

• RealTek Digital Output
    • RealTek Optical Output.

I can open both these devices without any problem and perform playback when they are set as the default device. But when i try to open them when they are not the default device, the function waveOutOpen() crashes.

Thanks

Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:38 AM
  • Ask at www.answers.microsoft.com.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, June 3, 2012 8:54 PM