Connector installation error - "Installation did not finish" RRS feed

• Question

• When installing the Connector on my Vista machine (Dell notebook w/pre-installed Vista Home Premium, SP2) I get the following very generic error:

"Installation did not finish"
    "An error occurred that prevented the Windows Home Server from completing successfully. Run this wizard again..."

Is there any log file or debug command line that I can use that might give me some additional information on what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Grant
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:18 AM

Answers

• I have used both methods to no avail. I finally found the installation log and found that an error was being returned by the MSI installer component. I was having other problems with the system and finally decided to re-install my OS (I wanted to switch out the hard drive for a faster one anyways). I now have all of my machines working fine.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:44 PM

All replies

• Are you using the disk or the shared folder to run the connector software?

If you get that error its normally a glitch in the network, and should be fine if you restart the computer and router
    • Proposed as answer by nenino Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:49 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 12:01 PM
  • I have used both methods to no avail. I finally found the installation log and found that an error was being returned by the MSI installer component. I was having other problems with the system and finally decided to re-install my OS (I wanted to switch out the hard drive for a faster one anyways). I now have all of my machines working fine.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:44 PM