I cannot activate XP Pro! Message number 45092 RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo there.

I have already read some posts about the activation's problem but i cannot find solution for my case.

I have installed a new OS (XP Pro, genuine) in my PC in April and it worked perfect till some days ago, when I need to reinstall (of course in the same PC, an IBM laptop). In April it has done the activation but now, after i've reinstalled it a couple of times (always on the same IBM), it says something strange:

"According to our records, the number of times you can activate Windows with this product key has been exceeded. Please enter a different product key, and then click retry. [...]

Message number 45092"

I'm sure that nobody has stolen me the product key and I've never installed it on another PC but always on this IBM T22.

It makes some updates but i cannot activate it.

Hier is the diagnose

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0545.0):

-----------------------------------------

WGA Data-->

Validation Status: Not Activated

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VDMHP-9D92T-KDWWY

Windows Product Key Hash: aJ9OPs+xquTgw2+Au6p5L9jScbQ=

Windows Product ID: 55274-009-2401761-22156

Windows Product ID Type: 5

Windows License Type: Retail

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.1.0.pro

ID: 3571ce40-5343-4b02-b7c7-e12995efd52b

Is Admin: Yes

AutoDial:

Registry: 0x0

WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.708.0

Signed By: Microsoft

Validation Diagnostic:

Resolution Status: N/A

System Scan Data-->

Scan: Complete

Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: 1

File Exists: Yes

Version: 1.5.540.0

WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 109

Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-467-80070002

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>3571ce40-5343-4b02-b7c7-e12995efd52b</UGUID><Version>1.5.0545.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.1.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-KDWWY</PKey><PID>55274-009-2401761-22156</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-73586283-813497703-854245398</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Model>2647A8G</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Version>16ET32WW (1.12 )</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20040427******.******+***</Date></BIOS><HWID>A44B3707018400C6</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone></MachineData> <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Could anybody tell me what should i do?

Many many thanks

Carsan

I

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:59 PM
  • Hallo Phil Liu

Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually I've already tried to activate the OS today by phone call but it takes a little time and suddendly my phone card was empty (Cos I have not phone at home and have called from the polling both).

Anyway, I don't understand that this message have to apear if one have a genuine copy of the product!!!!!

If anyone have another suggestion, I would be pleased to get it. Otherwise I'll try again tomorrow by phone.

Again, mamy tanks

carsan

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:20 AM
  •  Carsan wrote:

Hallo there.

I have already read some posts about the activation's problem but i cannot find solution for my case.

>snip<

Searching the forum on "number of times you can activate Windows with this product key has been exceeded" yields 15 hits, most of which explain the situation.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:36 AM
  • Thanks Phil, by phone is easy and fast. Did not trust it before but it works very well.

Thanks again to all of you.

Grettings, Carsan

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:57 PM
  • my  product key has exceeded how can i activate

Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:56 AM
  • Matty20,

Can you tell me what you mean by exceeded?  Do you have a retail version of Windows or OEM?  Please run the MGA Diag test and provide us with the results. This will help us analyze your experience and provide you with a resolve. 

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Should you need to telephone activate please read the following below instructions:

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click “Start”, point to” All Programs”, point to “Accessories”, point to” System Tools”, and then click “Activate Windows”.

Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.

3. Click “Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement”, click “Back”, and then click “Next”

4. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box and then click “Next”.

Note:  The number appears now and differs based on the location that you select.

5. Once activation is completed and you receive the following message, click “OK”.
    You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.

More information on how to activate Windows XP at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890

Also you may reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851

If you are done with the activation, kindly proceed in validating the copy of your software by going to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine Click “Validate Windows” button.

Please post again if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, November 5, 2007 10:31 PM