none
Sync Music and Public Folders RRS feed

Answers

• To be honest, you can use any tool you like that can do the job. I like robocopy, so it tends to be my "go to" tool for this sort of thing.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:02 AM

All replies

• Can you explain what you're trying to accomplish? Perhaps with more detail (inlcuding details about your server, i.e. home-built or OEM, what you have installed now, etc.) we could provide some guidance.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:40 PM
  • I have a music folder and a public folder on WHS. I use WebFoldersShare to make the contents of the public folder available to family on the web.  I want to sync the two folders.  How do I do that?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 4:02 PM
  • I would probably use a tool like robocopy to mirror the contents of the required folders. Set up a scheduled task on the server that runs every so often, and remember to use the server shares (\\servername\sharename), not the local drive letter (D:\Shares\sharename).
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 4:53 PM
  • I looked at Robocopy.  Looks like it relies heavily on the command line function.  Anything simpler? What's about Synctoy 2.0?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:08 PM
  • To be honest, you can use any tool you like that can do the job. I like robocopy, so it tends to be my "go to" tool for this sort of thing.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:02 AM
  • SyncToy 2.0 works fine in this application. I am using it to sync a copy of my wife's photos on her PC to the Photos share on the server.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:32 AM