Is anonymous authentication of CRM website required for Email Router RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

We have Upgraded CRM 4 to 2011. On the CRM 4.0 we used to have Anonymous Authentication of the CRM website Disabled. On the New version this setting prevents Email Router from sending outgoing emails.

Configuration Details: CRM 2011 and Email Router are installed on the same box.in The EM manager settings: Email Server type: SMTP; Authentication  is Windows; Access Credentials: Local System. The User that we test with setup with incoming Forward Mailbox; Outgoing - Email Router.

If Anonymous Authentication of the CRM website switched to Enabled on the CRM website - emails flow through. But we'd like to keep it Disabled.

Does Anonymous Authentication required for the Email Router? Are any of this settings incorrect?

Thank you.

• Edited by lana7220 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:38 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:29 PM

Answers

• I believe Anonymous is required for the deployment and organization services, which the E-mail router / config manager probably use to lookup your tenant information.
    • Proposed as answer by Khaja Mohiddin Friday, March 2, 2012 1:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by lana7220 Friday, March 2, 2012 2:31 PM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

No its not needed to enable anonymous authentication to send mails from CRM.

Sending and receiving mails are depends on the port no's which you have for your SMTP and POP servers.

And also check your firewall settings once.

Regards,

Khaja Mohiddin http://www.dynamicsexchange.com/ http://about.me/KhajaMohiddin

• Proposed as answer by Khaja Mohiddin Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:56 PM
  • Another piece of information:

as soon as I disable Anonymous Authentication on CRM Website, E-mail Router Conf. Manager is unable to Load Data on "Users, Ques, and Forward Mailboxes" tab. And Enabling Anonymous fixes that.

I do not think Port or Firewall are misconfigured, because it works with Anon. Authentication On (without any changes on FW)

Looking for more ideas. Thanks a lot.

Lana Feldman

Thursday, March 1, 2012 5:04 PM
  • I believe Anonymous is required for the deployment and organization services, which the E-mail router / config manager probably use to lookup your tenant information.
    • Proposed as answer by Khaja Mohiddin Friday, March 2, 2012 1:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by lana7220 Friday, March 2, 2012 2:31 PM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 12:50 PM
  • I also think so now, after experimenting with different options. But I was unable to find any mention of this in MS documentation for CRM(

Lana Feldman

Friday, March 2, 2012 2:33 PM