CRM Integration RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is their any differnce using CRM Integration tool(using Biztalk) or CRM integration connector for Microsoft CRM integration with GP? If yes then which approach is better
    Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:35 AM

Answers

• There is nothing available such thing, only there is one book for CRM 4.0- working with MS CRM 4.0 which is from and I am sure there is not such integration discussion.

http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/40-book-almost.html

MAtt has given you very great idea for such integration - econnect and Biztalk addapter.

Hopefull that we will see something regarding this very soon, i will keep you updating on this.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:58 AM

All replies

• Yes the biggest difference is that for CRM 3.0 or CRM 4.0 there is no "CRM 3.0/4.0 Connector to GP 10.0". The last Microsoft official connector hasn't been around since the GP 9.0 days. So really out of the two options you mentioned your only choice is BizTalk. Thankfully though BizTalk is very easy to use and the help files from Microsoft will get you going on mapping between CRM 3.0/4.0 and GP 10.0.

Remember since there is no longer a Microsoft CRM 3.0 or a Microsoft CRM 4.0 Connector for GP 10.0 you may want to focus on BizTalk. Now perhaps sometime in the future Microsoft may bring back the Connector for GP 10.0 to CRM 3.0/4.0 but there hasn't been any new Connector released for a very long time.

Sonja Mohavi

Bangalore, India

Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:45 PM
  •  

Thnx Sonja But what are other options for Integration inspite of two i mentioned above.
    Monday, December 31, 2007 6:25 AM
  • There are some other options such as using the Dynamics GP 10.0 eConnect SDK or Web Services SDK (employs Web Service wrapper classes aournd the eConnect API) for the GP side and the CRM 3.0/4.0 SDK Web Services stack on the CRM side. Both have data triggering event mechanisms built-in to accomplish a "live" realtime integration.

Now I know many devs out there will say to use the Scribe Utilities but let me just save you lots of money and time. The User Interface is not up to par, the training required is extensive and the performance in my opinion is not ready for commercial use. I would much rather you wait for Microsoft's "FREE" CRM Connector for GP 10 and CRM 4.0 that "hopefully" will be forthcoming. Microsoft's connector is about as perfect of a solution as you could get for integrating realtime data between GP and CRM. The User Interface is outstanding, intuitive and easy to use and customizations are very easy. If you've setup your enviroment correctly it will run flawlessly with very impressive transaction performance.

I would hound your Microsoft Partner to get Microsoft to finish the new version of the CRM Connector for GP and walk away with a free tool that is best-in-class. If you can't wait I would recommend the BizTalk Mapping as it's the next easiest option. As a last resort I would explore the SDK route. The guys over at Sonoma Partners are busy writing the updates for their CRM 4.0 Book and I'm sure they'll include ample amount of information about using the CRM 4.0 SDK for custom integration projects. The Dynamics GP 10.0 eConnect API isn't as well documented as the CRM SDK however the Class/Schema structure is quite easy to understand and implement in your integration project.

Monday, December 31, 2007 4:13 PM
  • Thnx But do CRM Connector for GP works for both sides Integration or even then we need GP Connector on GP side integration?

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 4:50 AM
  • The Microsoft CRM Connector for GP (CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0) is bi-directional. So data entered in CRM updates GP and vice versa. There are some data types such as Inventory Items, Price Lists, Products that must be "mastered" or created in GP only, but then it updates CRM. For example if you create an Invoice in CRM 3.0 it will update GP SOP Invoice automatically. Conversely if you create an Invoice in GP 9.0 it will update your CRM 3.0 Invoice for the Account. You can extend this functionality to include data types that do not have mappings between the two systems. Say if you wanted to integrate Purchase Orders and Vendor records. You could quite easily create the data mappings and BizTalk will process your custom mappings along with the default mappings from Microsoft. And again remember this is a "live" two-way bi-directional data synchronization between CRM 3.0 to GP 8.0/9.0.

As stated earlier the only problem is that currently the CRM Connector for GP does not support either CRM 4.0 or GP 10.0. If you need help with your project I would highly recommend working with a Microsoft Certified Partner. The leaders in this category for CRM would be Sonoma Partners http://www.sonomapartners.com/. They literally wrote the book on Working with Microsoft CRM 3.0 http://www.amazon.com/Working-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-3-0/dp/0735622590. For help with CRM configuration, setup and creating customized CRM integrations Sonoma Partners is your best bet.  

For Dynamics GP 9.0 or 10.0 custom integration projects there is another top Microsoft Certified Partner:  Silicon Digital Systems http://www.silicondigitalsystems.com/dataconversion/.  They’re the leading company for implementing the Microsoft CRM Connector for GP and performing data migrations or data conversions to Dynamics GP. They actually can modify the current Microsoft CRM Connector for GP to work with GP 10 if you need their help. If you need 3rd party application integration to integrate data from say NetSuite, MAS90, QuickBooks to Dynamics GP or Peachtree to Dynamics GP they can create a custom add-on for the CRM Connector for GP. If you’re a Microsoft Partner there are numerous articles on PartnerSource: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/partnersource.mspx about using and extending the Microsoft CRM Connector for GP.

If you’re not a Microsoft Partner I would recommend Sonoma Partners and Silicon Digital Systems mentioned above for technical assistance on your project. Their technical staff and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Dynamics GP is vast and can really help to quickly jump start your integration project. I’ve referred many customers to both of these companies with outstanding results.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 11:41 PM
  • I would have to disagree with the prior post. We are operating in an integrated environment on GP 10.0 and MSCRM 3.0 utilizing eConnect and Scribe integration.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:47 PM
  • UNDKD I think you need to read the posting carefully again. You're missing the point he's trying to make. It's not that Scribe doesn't work some times, as most of us have used it, it's that it's not really ready for the types of commercial production use that most of our clients require. 

My point is why should our customers have to pay $5,000+, spend countless hours trying to learn their tool and have no user interface for "Users". It's a developer tool for consultant and it cost thousands of dollars for each GP installation to get Scribe to work. Most of our clients who went to convergence in Dallas and San Diego were presented with the free Microsoft CRM Connector. I would very much agree with the post that it's far superior than Scribe and it doesn't cost our clients a penny.

MarkXK

Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:18 PM
  • I m gonna integrate CRM 4.0 and GP 10 through biztalk so just wanted to know if adapter released for CRM 4.0? Secondly I have GP and CRM 4.0 running on different machines (but in same domain) then where should i install Biztalk ?

Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:09 AM
  •  

Nazish,

So far there is no adapter for GP 10 and CRM 4.0 .. ..

Regards,

Imran

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:39 AM
  •  

then how can i continue interetion of GP 10 and CRM 4.0 other than using Scribe
    Monday, January 14, 2008 12:00 PM
  • To the question about where to install BizTalk Server. BizTalk, much live SQL Server, can have heavy memory, CPU and I/O demands on a Server. Therefore it is generally recommended to install BizTalk on it's own Server. If you're not processing that much data then you can install it on another shared Server.

Microsoft is making alot of changes with CRM 4.0 for example even the licensing has changed. Up through CRM 3.0 Microsoft Certified/Gold Partners received Internal Use Licenses. Aparently this has changed, here is a quote from the Sonoma Partners Blog:

This is in response to your e-mail regarding your Product Key for CRM 4.0.

We apologize for any confusion you may be encountering due to this matter. CRM 4.0 is not a benefit of the Partner program as of now. The downloads from MSDN are only available to our Partners for testing and development purposes. If you would like to purchase CRM 4.0, you may feel free to contact our Sales Department at (800)426-9400 for further information.

Here's the original link to Sonoma Partners Blog: http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/12/microsoft-dynam.html#comments 

If you're going to use BizTalk to integrate CRM 4.0 to GP 10.0 then you can use eConnect 10.0 or for a bit slower performance use the GP Web Services. The GP Web Services is just a wrapper class around eConnect so I would save the overhead and just use eConnect for GP integrations. You can create an XML eConnect Request message and place it on a Microsoft (MSMQ) queue where BizTalk will be listening and will pickup and process the Request message. The message is processed by eConnect and a Response message is returned through BizTalk. The Request/Response messages can start from either direction (CRM or GP). The BizTalk mappings control the field level data integration between CRM and GP. There's really not much to it and you can implement it now with CRM 4.0 and GP 10.0.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:46 PM
  •  

Is there any step by step tutorial or book available to follow the procedure ( CRM 4.0 integration with GP 10 through Biztalk) ?
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:24 AM
  • There is nothing available such thing, only there is one book for CRM 4.0- working with MS CRM 4.0 which is from and I am sure there is not such integration discussion.

http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/40-book-almost.html

MAtt has given you very great idea for such integration - econnect and Biztalk addapter.

Hopefull that we will see something regarding this very soon, i will keep you updating on this.

Regards,

Imran

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:58 AM
  • Using econnect 10.0 and Biztalk 2006 can i send and recieve requests to/from all CRM entities?

Monday, March 3, 2008 10:51 AM
  • Are these the biztalk help files that you are mentioning?

Adelaide, Australia

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:16 AM