none
MS Support for Money to Quicken 2011??? RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone aware wether some form of support program has been developed to work through the numerous challenges of moving to Quicken given MS discontinuing Money?  

I've recently imported a Money 2007 file into Quicken, have a slew of issues, yet all Quicken support says is "it's different software so will not convert the data consistently".

Example issues include:

1. Transactions categorized in MS Money show up in Quicken, but with no categorization detail
    2. Manual check detals (payee, memo) show up in Money correctly, but only a check number shows up in Quicken
    3. Payee aliases not transferred (i.e. in Money we have a payee called "QFC" yet in Quicken it calls it "Quality Food Centers xxxx" - where xxxx = the name of the store location
    4. Items showing as reconciled/balanced in MS Money show up as neither reconciled nor balanced in Quicken.

Thanks in advance for any redirection to an appropriate support source or for your thoughts on a remedy

Monday, January 3, 2011 9:02 PM

All replies

• See http://quicken.intuit.com/personal-finance-software/SwitchtoQuicken.pdf

When you converted, their converter made a log of issues. You might consider going thru that, and change items that you can readily fix, and then re-convert. In Money, the FindAndReplace may be useful to make some changes. You could also rename payees or categories to something shorter.

Also see https://qlc.intuit.com/post/search_full?srch_type=search_posts&ps_txt=microsoft+money for threads on the Quicken forum that mention Microsoft Money. Then consider refining the search.

After looking thru the prior discussions ther, I suggest you register then, and ask your questions. While I tried conversion, I don't remember noticing the kind of problems that you did. However I may have just not noticed.

There is also a classic usenet group alt.comp.software.financial.quicken that still has traffic on it. Various servers carry it including the free eternal-september.org NNTP server.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:20 AM