Invalid Encryption Key Used RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Im totally new to this, so if you could please fully explain any answers you may have that would be greatly appriciated.

I'm attempting to deploy Office Communication Server 2007, however whilst attempting to run Office Communication Server Validation wizard, i recieved that noticed the following error in the Deployment Log.

Validate Conference Scheduling and Joing - -  Error: The request failed with reason InvalidEncryptionKeyUsed

I take it  this error message has something to do with the Certificate, if i'm mistaken please correct me.

My question is:-

What do i need to check and ammend to correct this error?

Any help with this would be greatly appriciated.

Friday, August 17, 2007 9:44 AM

Answers

• Do you have a certificate server installed? Is your certificate valid? Use the certificate wizard in OCS and re-assign the certificate to your OCS machine.  Use  the FQDN  as the subject  name in your  certificate.

Restart the service and validate the configuration again to see if the error is gone.

/Thomas
    Friday, August 17, 2007 7:45 PM

All replies

• Do you have a certificate server installed? Is your certificate valid? Use the certificate wizard in OCS and re-assign the certificate to your OCS machine.  Use  the FQDN  as the subject  name in your  certificate.

Restart the service and validate the configuration again to see if the error is gone.

/Thomas
    Friday, August 17, 2007 7:45 PM
  •  

Thank you very much for the information you provided, it deffinately helped. I made a check list using the questions you raised. Answered each question in turn and it worked.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:24 AM
  • I've got exactly the same problem: invalid encryption Key used.

The weird thing is that I am able to do Live Meetings no problem if I start them from my MOC by usign the option "share information using live meeting"

If it was a certificate error (mismatch) I shouldn't be able to should I?

I though of a Time Zone problem but it does not seem to be the case sice MOC client OCS Edge and Pool are on the same Time+ Time Zone (even though if I launch the snooper for debugging all the debbuging is running slow one hour).

I can start a Live Meeting neither from its client nor from Web

The request failed with reason invalidEncryptionKeyUsed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Collaboration.ConferenceUtilityException: The request failed with reason invalidEncryptionKeyUsed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ConferenceUtilityException: The request failed with reason invalidEncryptionKeyUsed.]
       Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipAsyncResult.ThrowIfFailed() +271
       Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation(Object owner, IAsyncResult asyncResult) +145
       Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Collaboration.ConferenceUtilities.EndCreateConference(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +34
       Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Collaboration.ConferenceUtilities.CreateConference(ConferenceScheduleSettings settings) +24
       SchedulerUtilities.CreateConference(ConferenceScheduleSettings& conference) +162
       NewConference.NewConferenceWizard_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +253
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +105
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +453
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +17
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

Any clue?

Cheers beppe

Monday, November 26, 2007 2:24 PM