CRM2011 - Email Router error #26234 - unable to connect to the remote server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have something that need your hand very much...

I have 2 organization setup in a email router, one is our client and the other one is our internal crm; Both of them working well and emails can be sent by CRM trough the email routing server.

But start from Monday, I found that, emails cannot be sent by the CRM in our Client organization, but still work fine for our internal CRM.

In the Client organization, the email was created and log as closed activities, but on the top of it, it said "the email cannot be sent"...After I verify the Email Routing Server, the configuration is well as no one changed it. But When I view the logs from the event viewer, I found that there is an Error logged as:

#26234 - The E-mail router services could not process a provider work item using assembly:

Microsoft.CRM.Tools.EmailProviders.dll and calss:

Microsof.crm.tools.email.providers.smtppollingsendemailprovider.

System.invalidoperationException: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved:

"hrrps://organizationname/crmservices/2011/discovery.svc?wsdl"

System.net.webexcepton:unable to conenct to the remote server

System.net.sockets.socketexception: A connectiomm attemp failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond xxxxxxxx

blah blah blah..................................

May I ask whats this happening please?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:47 AM

Answers

• My Manager resolved it. He found that, we missing an ip addres in the host file, this make the server unable to read or reach from the RTR.

thanks for your time.

• Marked as answer by Ksun_Chan Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:07 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:07 AM

All replies

• I have profile A and B, for the client and our internal CRM.

I did try to assign profile B to our client, but the email still not working at all.

May I ask if that is related to the email router, or to the CRM Organization configuration please?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:26 AM
  • My Manager resolved it. He found that, we missing an ip addres in the host file, this make the server unable to read or reach from the RTR.

thanks for your time.

• Marked as answer by Ksun_Chan Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:07 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:07 AM
  • Hi,

I am having the same error :

#26234 - The E-mail Router service could not process a provider work item using assembly: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailProviders.dll and class: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider. System.InvalidOperationException: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'https://ServerIP:Port/Organistion name/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc?wsdl'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
       at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataLocationRetriever.DownloadMetadata(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataRetriever.Retrieve(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.ServiceProxyCache`1.GetNewServiceProxy(Uri serviceUrl, Credential credentials, Uri homeRealmUrl, String passportEnvironment, String onlineServiceEnvironment)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Utility.BuildOrganizationService(Uri organizationServiceUrl, String authMode, Credential credentials)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Agent.ServiceCore.ExecuteProviderWork(Object providerQueueRequestObject)

Kindly suggest how can I resolve the same..

Monday, July 8, 2013 9:15 AM
  • I got the solution to this problem. In Properties of Deployment manager choose second tab i.e. web addresses.

Here 4 fields are there for web application server, organisation web service and so on .. if machine name is there than replace the machine name with the IP of the server along with the port no.

Now it works for me.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:35 AM